G.Empire Alliance Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G.Empire Alliance Network

The forum for the OGame.org alliance G.Empire within the Universes Quantum and Earth

Home  Calendar  Latest images  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  
Latest topics
» Recruiting System
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby Commander Tyronias 21/07/22, 09:29 pm

» Commander Tyronias, Rank 823
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby Commander Tyronias 24/06/22, 10:04 pm

» Parachute Jumping
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby Sonny 09/04/22, 04:44 am

» Operating A Tie Fighter - Do A Barrel Roll
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby Sonny 06/04/22, 09:10 am

» Quantum Universe Merge
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 18/03/22, 03:20 pm

» Questions and Answers
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 15/03/22, 07:29 pm

» Testing stuff
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 15/03/22, 04:56 pm

» How to mask your attacks return time
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 15/03/22, 12:03 am

» Howto: Pop a moon and catch a player using harvest/colo fs
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 15/03/22, 12:01 am

» A fleetsaving guide by StarForce
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:58 pm

» A Beginners Ogame Guide
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:56 pm

» Defense Research
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:48 pm

» How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign.
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:35 pm

» Resource Booster and the like
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:21 pm

» Oooo.. This is new?
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:09 pm

» Grav Tech Advice
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:05 pm

» How rapidfire works
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 10:53 pm

» honour points
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 10:44 pm

» What is the best way to safty probe??? (like when you are hiting someone???)
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 09:22 pm

» Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR)
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 09:15 pm

» Install, Configure and use Scripts/plugins
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 09:08 pm

» A colonization guide by StarForce
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 09:02 pm

» How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 08:58 pm

» Upgrading shipyard beyond level 12 - Times with lvl 13
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 08:56 pm

» Home Planet
How rapidfire works I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 08:53 pm

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user

How rapidfire works

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CC-7567
Admin
CC-7567

How rapidfire works Empty
PostSubject: How rapidfire works   How rapidfire works I_icon_minitime14/03/22, 10:53 pm

This is a direct copy from our original forum.
spot the bal wrote:
What is rapidfire?
I have decided to write how rapidfire works as I have read many comments on the internet about how it works and it seems to be something many players over look. Sure, most players know that ships/defense with rapidfire are more effective against things they have rapidfire against, but few know why or how the maths works. It appears to only be very experienced players who know these things.

I decided I would write down the knowledge I have about rapidfire in this thread as I feel it would be beneficial to alliance members to be able to read this.

So here is how it works:

Chance of RF = 100% – (100 / x)%

Where
x is the rapidfire value.

For example: the Cruiser has a RF value of 10 against Rocket Launchers, therefore:

Chance of RF = 100% – (100 / 10)%
Chance of RF = 100% – 10%
Chance of RF = 90%

Therefore, the Cruiser has a 90% chance of firing again when it targets a Rocket Launcher. The next shot can target any other ship/defence (meaning the ship will stop firing that round, unless it also has rapidfire against this new target), or another Rocket Launcher (in which case the calculation is repeated).

When the ship/defense has stopped firing, the next round begins and all rapid fire calculations are repeated if the ship/defense again fires at something it has rapidfire against.

Rapidfie allows the ship to fire again - even if the thing it originally shot at was not destroyed/damaged. Rapidfire determines the number of shots not the number of kills it can make per round.

In theory: The cruiser could fire at every rocket launcher in the defenders defense in one round of combat making an attack against every one, or the same rocket launcher an infinite number of times.

A rapidfire value of 10 does NOT:

-Let the ship destroy up to 10 of the Rapidfire'd ship/defence a round, and the rapidfiring stops if the ship fails to destroy one.
-Let the ship shoot at no more than 10 of the Rapidfire'd ship/defence a round, even if some are not destroyed.
-Let the ship only target the Rapidfire'd ship/defence until the RF ends.

Those three misconceptions appear to be the most common. Rapidfire lets the ship fire anywhere from once, to a hundred thousand times or even higher, depending entirely on luck.

Hope this helps

Captain Patrick T. James wrote:
spot the bal wrote:
The ship/defense may only target each thing once per round.

I just gave this a quick glance, but this caught my eye.  The above statement is incorrect to the best of my knowledge.  Try doing a speedsim with 1 rocket launcher and 1 cruiser, and see how many times it fires.

spot the bal wrote:
spot the bal wrote:
The ship/defense may only target each thing once per round.

Okay. when you are using multiple rocket launchers, how are you able to tell whether it targets the same one or not?  Using just 1 rocket launcher and 1 cruiser, and giving the defender level 30 armor tech, the cruiser still wins in 1 round.  Therefore, the cruiser absolutely must hit the rocket launcher multiple times in order to destroy it in one round.
I just gave this a quick glance, but this caught my eye.  The above statement is incorrect to the best of my knowledge.  Try doing a speedsim with 1 rocket launcher and 1 cruiser, and see how many times it fires.

I used a speedsim with multiple rocket launchers and it appears that when a  new target is selected after rapidfiring it  may not target the same defense/ship.

If you want to run your own simulations feel free

spot the bal wrote:
Okay. when you are using multiple rocket launchers, how are you able to tell whether it targets the same one or not?  Using just 1 rocket launcher and 1 cruiser, and giving the defender level 30 armor tech, the cruiser still wins in 1 round.  Therefore, the cruiser absolutely must hit the rocket launcher multiple times in order to destroy it in one round.

Okay I have tried this simulation and I believe you have a point. I will amend the original post.

One more thing I'd like to add.  Please note this is from reading guides so I haven't tested this yet.

Anyway, if a ship or structure is hit in combat, it is not destroyed until the end of the round, no matter how much damage it took.  For example, a structure can take enough damage to be destroyed, but still be the target for multiple rapid fire strikes.  The reason for this is that the program only calculates destruction at the end of the round, not after each shot is fired.

spot the bal wrote:
I thought rapidfire caused a ship to fire at certain targets first. Which is one of the reasons having fodder in an attacking fleet will save your heavy hitting ships

Nope, not at all.  Fodder is useful becuase if you have 9 light fighters and 1 battleship, your battleship only has a 10% chance of being targeted that round.
Back to top Go down
https://g-empire-orgservers.forumotion.com

How rapidfire works
Page 1 of 1