G.Empire Alliance Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G.Empire Alliance Network

The forum for the OGame.org alliance G.Empire within the Universes Quantum and Earth

Home  Calendar  Latest images  FAQ  Search  Memberlist  Usergroups  Register  Log in  
Latest topics
» Recruiting System
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby Commander Tyronias 21/07/22, 09:29 pm

» Commander Tyronias, Rank 823
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby Commander Tyronias 24/06/22, 10:04 pm

» Parachute Jumping
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby Sonny 09/04/22, 04:44 am

» Operating A Tie Fighter - Do A Barrel Roll
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby Sonny 06/04/22, 09:10 am

» Quantum Universe Merge
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 18/03/22, 03:20 pm

» Questions and Answers
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 15/03/22, 07:29 pm

» Testing stuff
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 15/03/22, 04:56 pm

» How to mask your attacks return time
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 15/03/22, 12:03 am

» Howto: Pop a moon and catch a player using harvest/colo fs
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 15/03/22, 12:01 am

» A fleetsaving guide by StarForce
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:58 pm

» A Beginners Ogame Guide
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:56 pm

» Defense Research
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:48 pm

» How to ACS attack with yourself and others in the redesign.
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:35 pm

» Resource Booster and the like
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:21 pm

» Oooo.. This is new?
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:09 pm

» Grav Tech Advice
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 11:05 pm

» How rapidfire works
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 10:53 pm

» honour points
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 10:44 pm

» What is the best way to safty probe??? (like when you are hiting someone???)
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 09:22 pm

» Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR)
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 09:15 pm

» Install, Configure and use Scripts/plugins
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 09:08 pm

» A colonization guide by StarForce
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 09:02 pm

» How to pick up the full Theoretic Plunder
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 08:58 pm

» Upgrading shipyard beyond level 12 - Times with lvl 13
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 08:56 pm

» Home Planet
Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitimeby CC-7567 14/03/22, 08:53 pm

Top posting users this week
No user
Top posting users this month
No user

Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CC-7567
Admin
CC-7567

Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) Empty
PostSubject: Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR)   Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR) I_icon_minitime14/03/22, 09:15 pm

This is a direct copy from our original forum.
Heshtje wrote:
Fleetsave Guide V3

From The Lord Reaper (TLR) (Copied with permission from the URF Forum)

It is a basic requirement to learn how to fleetsave (henceforth known as "FS") in ogame. When you're offline, you can't move your ships if a threat is sent, therefore they can be smashed. Having a defence is never enough, it may put off smaller players but eventually someone bigger will catch sight of your sitting fleet. So then, there are two reasons to fleetsave;

1. To stop people taking your res.
2. To stop people destroying your ships.

Both are obviously advantageous as it takes time and effort to aquire either.

There are many ways to fleetsave from, which are as follows:

From A Planet

* Sending your fleet on an attack, with all your resource loaded into the fleet.
   * Sending your fleet on an espionage mission with all resource loaded into the fleet.
   * Sending your fleet on a deployment mission.
   * Sending your fleet on a harvesting mission with all resources loaded.

From A Moon

* Sending your fleet on an attack, with all your resource loaded into the fleet.
   * Sending your fleet on an espionage mission with all resource loaded into the fleet.
   * Sending your fleet on a deployment mission.
   * Sending your fleet on a harvesting mission with all resources loaded.

The ones crossed out are ones that can be detected by a sensor phalanx regardless of recalling or not (deployments can only seen on phalanx at the destination, thus are exempt. More later). Attacks can be phalanxed at BOTH the target planet and the starting planet, and other players can work out when your fleet's back with information from either. Do not FS via an attack.

Espionage is the same, can be seen in two places, bad move.

Harvesting isn't a good FS from a planet, because its return time can be seen on the planet (though it cannot be seen at the target as debris cannot be phalanxed). However from a moon it is much safer, moons cannot be phalanx scanned, nor can debris fields.

The problem, though, with either of those three, is that once they reach their destination their return time is fixed. Meaning that another player can by all means phalanx your planet and land his attack mere seconds after your fleet arrives. Which basically means you have no time to move it. So in many ways a fleet movement like attack harvest or espionage has a threshold. Once the fleet hits their goal, halfway through the total round trip, its return time is certain and the attacker can hit. If this happens there's nothing you can do except maybe make a few recyclers and hope for the best out of the DF.

OK so on a harvest from a moon, it is harder, but there are ways. It is possible. But for now we'll go with harvest as a safer option. A few tips:

* Never FS to your own debris, unless it's for a very short time (I know people who FS for 20 minutes whilst they drive home, why? Nobody can hit you in 20 minutes, and who cares if someone sees what you have Wink)
   * Don't FS to a debris on 100%, return time is easiest to guess then.
   * Send a few pairs recyclers ahead of the main fleet, and a few after. This means that for players such as bibas and co who watch debris fields that they KNOW you save to having watched your movements for a while, they can't tell when your real fleet took it. Don't use one recycler though, a player like bibas will make a DF bigger than what a single recyclers can carry to tell a dummy recycler apart from the full fleet.
   * Don't repeatedly save to the same DF. Simply launching one probe at a planet on attack will create a DF (assuming probe is destroyed which is will be in the planet has ANY defence/fleet on it). What I do is launch 5 probes at different planets, recycle at them all, and never send my fleet to the same one. I also don't use any pattern either. It's not predictable because my FS times are different all the time.
   * Do not FS immediately before you logout. FS around 10 minutes before logout. This throw anyone watching the DF, because they think you started your save later than you actually did.

So yea. Moving on, fleet saving on a deployment is the safest save for anyone without their own moon. Though it can be phalanxed at the destination planet (not the planet it's going from though) it is unlikely anyone will even bother trying to hit it. Why? Because deploys can be recalled, and once recalled the phalanx cannot see them at either start or target planet.

However, fleetsaving on deploy between moons is the absolute best in terms of safety. Neither can be phalanxed, which I think is self explanatory when it comes to adnvantages. Plus unlike a harvest from a moon, you always have the recall option should your moon be blown apart (missions starting at a moon that is destroyed will return to the planet, which is phalanxable. But in a normal speed uni such as 23 it's a rare tactic. Still it's best to be aware (but if you ever play a uni such as 35 it is a lot more common))

Anyway I think I covered the basics, comments and criticisms are welcome as ever.

pappy wrote:
Was just searching around for info on this and found an article on the ogame forum that is similar, but might offer a different view on fleetsaving.

http://board.ogame.org/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=431737

Unknown wrote:
While we are sharing old fleetsaving tips, here is the GCA's *ancient* fleetsaving tips. I think it is 3 years old now, but still as relavent as ever!

Quote :
Welcome to fleetsaving 101, with your favorite lecturer/teacher: DigitCruncher!!

First of all: Get a fleet. You cannot fleetsave without a fleet. Cargo ships will do nicely. Small Cargo ships will do good for the early game, but Large Cargoes are much cheaper to buy and maintain, and as well as that, they are slower (Note: this is a GOOD thing for fleetsaving)

Second: Read this summary of fleetsaving. Fleetsaving can mean two things:

Meaning 1: (v) The act of keeping your fleet moving in such a way that it cannot be attacked by enemy fleets.

Meaning 2: (v) The act of keeping your fleet and all resources on the colony moving in such a way that it cannot be attacked by enemy fleets.

In this guide, we will use the second meaning. There is a close cousin of fleetsaving, called res-saving, which focuses primarily on protecting your resources from enemy fleets. This is slightly less important, and slightly different.

Third: Get a colony.

Fourth: Choose your play-style.

The "active" player gets online for quite a while (~ 30~1 hour a day). Obviously the way the active player fleetsaves is easier and safer than the way the in-active player does.

The "inactive" player goes online once, or twice a day (~ 10 minutes at a time).

The "Non-Ogaming" player comes online randomly throughout the day. If this is you, quit OGame now. OGame is all about planning, and if you don't know when you will be online, you cannot fleetsave, and thus you cannot play OGame. It hurts me to say this, but it is the sad truth.

Fifth: Fleetsave using EITHER the deploy fleetsave or the deploy-recall fleetsave.

If you are an "active" player, then use the deploy fleetsave method.

Step 1: Select your fleet, and all (or almost all) your resources.
Step 2: Choose a colony (I pair up my colonies across different galaxies, as that means that fleetsaving is MUCH easier. So each G1 planet has a G2 partner, and each planet has only one partner. Fleetsave missions go between said partners)
Step 3: Select a speed that means that the fleet arrives just AFTER you will get online.
Step 4: Get online BEFORE the fleet arrives.

I will interupt these steps to fill you in on the most powerful weapon in the game. It is not the Deathstar (A.K.A. RIP), it is the sensor phalanx, only available if you have a moon. It can detect almost every mission that lands at a planet, except recalled-deployment missions. This means that someone can launch an attack which hits 2 seconds after your fleet arrives at the planet. This means that you are screwed unless you can do something BEFORE the fleet lands. Also, you recieve NO MESSAGE if you are phalanxed (or 'lanxed)

Step 5: If you see an incoming attack that arrives after your fleet hits the planet, recall the fleet (IE. go into the fleet tab on the left hand side). It will then move back to the original planet at the same speed it left. Try and get online as soon as possible after the fleet arrives. Do NOT message the attacker that you have recalled. Otherwise, the person may strike it lucky and hit your fleet as it lands back at the original planet.
Step 6: If you don't, then congratulations, you have fleetsaved. Now continue forever.

Now, if you are an "inactive" player, then use the deploy-recall method.

Step 1: Select your fleet and all your resources.
Step 2: Select a colony, any colony which is far far away will do.
Step 3: Send the fleet at 10% speed to that colony.
Step 4: Either 12 or 24 hours later (approximatly, don't do it exactly 12 or 24 hours later, randomly do between 11.5 hours and 12.5 hours, or 23.5 hours and 24.5 hours.) recall the fleet, in the fleet menu. Recall all the fleets at the same time.
Step 5: Get online BEFORE the fleets arrive back at home. If an incoming attack happens, which arrives after the fleet returns, then you didn't vary the time in Step 4 enough, and thus, you will have to try and launch it very quickly after the attack goes through. If you are lucky, you will have up to 10 seconds to do that... which, with the antigame add-on, a lucky bit of lag, and a fast internet connection, you should be able to pull of. Just.
Step 6: Congradulations, you have fleetsaved Very Happy

Quote :

Fleetsaving 102...

So you know the basics, but want to know more about fleetsaving? Right.

There are four other types of fleetsaving. After we cover them quickly, we will do the pros and cons of each type.

Alternative #1: Planet -> DF. Send a fleet, with a recycler, to a DF (either made by attacking someone with a probe, or by finding a nearby ready-made one), and send it at a speed such that it returns when you next get back online.

Alternative #2: Planet -> Inactive (Attack mission). Send a fleet to an inactive player on an attack mission that lasts for just long enough so that the fleet returns when you next get back online.

Alternative #3: Moon -> DF. Send a fleet, with a recycler, to a DF (either made by attacking someone with a probe, or by finding a nearby ready-made one), and send it at such a speed such that it returns when you next get back online.

Alternative #4: Moon -> Moon. Same as a deploy mission between a planet-> planet, but with moons. You can either use the deploy fleetsave, or the deploy-recall fleetsave.

Now, for a quick weigh up of Pros and Cons. Important factors are in red.

Deploy Fleetsave:
Pros:
Maximum 12 hour build-up of resources
Able to avoid a phalanx
Uses 1 fleetslot per 2 colonies.

Cons:
No resource gain during the fleetsave
Can be phalanxed

Score: 6/10

Deploy-Recall Fleetsave:
Pros:
Unphalanxable

Cons: Maximum 24 or 48 hour build up of resources
Unable to avoid an attack, if someone wants to use 1.8 million duet to get your fleet, or if you do it wrong.
No resource gain during a fleetsave.
Uses 1 fleetslot per colony

Score: 5/10

Planet -> DF:
Pros:
Seems like a good idea at the time. (Seriously, I did this for a while, before realising how bad it is)
Maximum 12 hour build-up of res

Cons:
No resource gain, or little resource gain, during a fleetsave
Phalanxable AND there is no way to avoid a phalanx!!!!! <---- VERY BIG THING AFTER LEAVING NOOB PROTECTION

Score: 1/10

Planet -> Inactive (Attack)

Pros:
Resource gain during fleetsave
Maximum 12 hour build-up of res

Cons:
Phalanxable AND there is no way to avoid a phalanx!!!!! <---- VERY BIG THING AFTER LEAVING NOOB PROTECTION

Score: 3/10

Moon -> DF

Pros:
Unphalanxable, not only to find the return time, but phalanxes are unable to find out that the fleet even exists, or when they return, as moons are unphalanxable.

Cons:
Requires a moon
Requires 1 fleetslot per colony
If someone is able to do a blind phalanx (guess when the fleet is launched, and look at a DF to find out when it is taken), the fleet cannot avoid the attack. However, this is significantly more difficult than to catch a deploy-recall fleetsave, and can lead to many false alarms, if someone else takes the DF which was to be used as bait.

Score: 7/10

Moon -> Moon Fleetsave:
Pros: Not only is it unphalanxable, and no-one can know the fleet you are fleetsaving with (unless you attack with it), it is also unable to be caught (unless you forget to fleetsave), and unable to be intercepted, unless that person hacks your account!! It is the ULTIMATE in protection

Cons: Requires 1 fleetslot per colony, except for the ones with moons.
Requires two moons, both a significant distance apart

Score: 10/10 (If you have the moons available)

And thus, that is the synopsis of all fleetsaving methods. Try to do the highest scoring fleetsave method you can do with your account.

PS: The updates have given a new version of 'fleetsaving'.

Planet / Moon -> Expedition Fleetsave:
Pros:You can get a bit of resources out of it. And some Dark Matter (a tiny bit)
Easily extendable for an accurate amount of time (You can customise it to the hour)

Cons: Expensive in duet costs
Phalanxable AND there is no way to avoid a phalanx!!!!! <---- VERY BIG THING AFTER LEAVING NOOB PROTECTION (Unless you do this from a moon)
Oh yes, and it isn't reliable (fleets can speed up/slow down in mid flight), pirates and aliens can come and destroy everything, black holes can obliterate your entire fleet with no warning, and it is generally just a bad idea.

0/10

pappy wrote:
Another nice way of resource saving is to start a research or building that will take longer than the time you will be offline. This is really only available later on in the Electra universe as its 4x the speed. So plasma tech 7 just took me 10 hours to research, so if i was to start it, go to bed then come back 9 hours later i could cancel the research or building, and using some magic, my resources have been protected from any attacks. This is a guaranteed way of saving resources and it doesnt require any cargos, fleet spots, moons, etc; and the resources become available the second you cancel the build/research.

Just my two bob.

Also if you do find yourself in a situation where you are minutes off an attack landing on your arse, start a research or building and cancel it after the attack, magic again, resources saved. If you cant start either of those then spend the resources on defense, or ships if they take longer than the time the attacking fleet has till it hits. Better off you using your resources rather than them getting any of it.

blackwolf wrote:
Heshtje wrote:
(missions starting at a moon that is destroyed will return to the planet, which is phalanxable.

if it was a deployment mission from a moon, even if both moons are blown, u can still recall and it will never be lanxable!
the only way the attacker can hit is if he guesses the speed of your fleet and knows the exact time you recalled,which can be done by constantly monitoring the arrival planet by lanx after he has blown the arrival destination moon.
Back to top Go down
https://g-empire-orgservers.forumotion.com

Fleetsave Guide V3 (Thanks so much TLR)
Page 1 of 1